Use Case: Prefabrication of pipes
Description of the requirements for industrial prefabrication of plumbing and heating pipes. The core of the method is the ‘z-dimension’ and an associated uniform measuring procedure. This long-established procedure is now described in such a way that it can be used in digital building models with the BIM method. The modelling done as part of the work preparation utilises geometric templates. All pipes are delivered prefabricated in accordance with the building project specifications. This enables significant efficiency gains in the assembly process and markedly simplifies the installer’s work at the construction site.
The benefits of industrial prefabrication of plumbing and heating pipes include:
• Higher productivity of building technology work in the construction project • Shorter installation times in the construction project • Facilitated interdisciplinary installation • Fewer installation errors at the construction site • Less or no excess material (saves resources) • New products possible for manufacturing or prefabrication companies
This use case has the following objectives:
• Pipes arrive at the construction site in their final length and prefabricated No cutting of pipes necessary at the construction site • End-to-end planning, no ‘drawing’ the pipes as part of the implementation and installation plan • Defined requirements for validation rules and attribute list • Output of the centre-to-centre dimensions in addition to the final length • Basis for the tender • The industrialisation process offers manufacturers a foundation for the correct definition of their products
BIM project execution plan (BEP)
The tender is not part of the Use Case.
The Use Cases is licensed as "Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License" as Attribution - non-commercial distribution - under the same conditions For further information see: creativecommons
The use cases do not claim to be complete. Nor are they to be understood in the sense of a recommendation or guideline that is generally valid from a legal point of view, but are intended to support the client and contractor in applying the BIM method. The use cases must be adapted to the specific project requirements. The examples given here do not claim to be complete. Information is based on practical experience and should therefore be regarded as best practice and not generally applicable. As we are in a phase in which definitions are only just emerging, buildingSMART Switerland cannot guarantee the accuracy of individual contents.
- GUID : 50E2DA7E-7547-4C98-A50C-AF4A6216271C
- Identifier : CH.1507.01
- Work Stage : Generic Stages
- Revision : 184.108.40.206
- Project Status : WIP
- Maturity level : Example
- Use Case: Draft
- Processes: Draft
- ER: In Progress
- Published on: Jan 29, 2020
- Publisher: buildingSMART Switzerland
- Author: Angelico, Viviana | Gerber, Dominic | Hoffeller, Tim | Paczkowski, Sebastian | Wüst, Stefan